How to add YouTube video to PowerPoint?

I usually spend much time on Internet, partly because of my work, partly because of my interest.

I always enjoy the time watching International news, economic commitment, Linux forum, video sharing websites and Q&A websites. It is a pleasure to help others by telling them what you know about. On Internet, all of us are equal to each other. Many of the people are quite kind hearted. Without them, the world will be much more difficult for us. One of the most important examples is the Q&A websites.

Whenever I face some difficulties, I tend to try to find the answer myself. But many times, I can’t. So what will you do in this case? Yeh! Most of you may say “Google” it. But you know Google is just a search engine, it is just like the menu of a book. The real content of the book is on separate websites. Some of the answers are on Q&A sites, like Yahoo Answer; answers on Yahoo tend to be easy to understand. But for some professional questions, you’ll need to go to the forums. When I was learning Linux, I attended several Linux forums to search for answers.



On Yahoo Answer, I always see some people ask about how to add YouTube video to PowerPoint, because I am interested in PowerPoint and video sharing stuff. One of the things that I feel disappointed is that people are getting lazier and lazier, physically and mentally. When they have a question, they just Google it or ask on Yahoo Answer, they don’t want to fix it themselves. The worse is that they even don’t want to Google for answers. Ask the same question on Yahoo Answer for thousands of time.

For the question above, you can easily find the answer; all you need to do is search for a bit more. Basically, when you want to add a YouTube video to PowerPoint, you need to think in this order:

  • 1. What are YouTube and PowerPoint?
  • 2. What is the format of the YouTube video? What video formats PowerPoint support?
  • 3. How can we download YouTube videos?
  • 4. If the YouTube video format is not supported by PowerPoint, what to do?
  • 5. What are the steps of inserting video to PowerPoint?

For the upper questions, I think many people are not sure about the video format and YouTube video download stuff.

1. How to download YouTube videos? Personally I love to use Firefox. There are quite a lot of add-ons for help. If you are not using Firefox, you can use YouTube Downloader.

2. The downloaded YouTube may be MP4 or FLV format. As I know, PowerPoint 2003&2007 don’t support MP4 (PowerPoint 2010 can), so you’ll need some video converter to change the video format. I suggest you convert MP4 to WMV, a video format brought out by Microsoft.

3. Then, you can add the YouTube video to your PowerPoint.

  • Step 1: On the Insert tab, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie from File.
  • Step 2: Click the video you want to use and then click OK.
  • Step 3: After you click OK, you' are promoted with a message asking how you want the movie to start in the slide show. I recommend you choosing "Automatically "even if you want the movie to play when clicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment